Thank You, Mr. Falker - Patricia Polacco

Talk about a great book for discussing students with learning disabilities! I loved how Mr. Falker truly cared for Trisha. He noticed a problem in her writing and did not let it set her back. He worked with her to overcome dyslexia and not let it control her life. This book truly highlights that teachers can make a huge difference in their students lives. For students, this highlights that even if your own weaknesses there are ways to overcome! The teacher could have an activity in class where the students write one weakness they feel they have and one strength on a notecard and the teacher could keep this for her own record and work throughout the year to improve students weaknesses and shine a light on each student's strengths! There are endless possibilities with this book but I feel shining a light on learning disabilities and strengths and weaknesses would be perfect! I recommend this book for all teachers and students! This book is geared for grades 3rd-5th specifically and has a lexile level of AD650L.