If You Give a Moose a Muffin Book and Audio CD Set (Paperback) - Laura Numeroff, Felicia Bond

This book was such a cute book to show predictions in reading. Students have such a fun time guessing on what the moose is going to want next, and have suspense to see if you give him something, what he will be getting in return! I saw a group of students in class use this for cause and effect and it worked great! They used muffins as the cause and effect and there are many ways you could use create this using other elements in the story, but I really enjoyed this! I could also see it being used on working on foreshadowing and predictions to expand reading knowledge. The teacher could have a bag of items to represent what the moose gets each time he wants something and if a student guesses it right, she could pull it out of the bag! The lexile level for this book is AD590L and I feel this book would be good for students in first grade! It could be a book the teacher reads to their students in a suspenseful tone!